HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY! I hope everyones weekend was as fantastic as mine was! SO the lame-o school of BYU-I decided to actually do something right and give us monday and tuesday off this week!!!!!! WAHOO a four day weekend? To good to be true! I totally took full advantage of the opportunity to kick summer of right and PARTY!!!!!
Friday was an afternoon at the sandbar, and just fun times chillin with all of my besties. Then Friday night, my roommate Allie was babysitting for these people with the sickest house i've ever seen! Seriously huge! We got to go play around in it (there were slides and tree houses inside the house) followed up by a little movie action in their insane movie theater room!
Saturday I slept in cause I didn't make it home from the Mansion till like 4:30 in the AM! Then woke up and did a little homiework, after which I went to an afternoon of amazing shopping with my Bestie Kaitlan! She is so awesome and the funnest married friend! She still likes to hang out its bomb! I got some great stuff while I was shopping it was so relaxing. Then Saturday night, I went with Kaitlan her husband John, and some of our other friends to Lava Hot Springs! So cool. Open air hot springs of varying temperatures! It was a blast! I was so relaxed afterwards though that I totally passed out on the ride home!
Sunday was a definite day of rest and relaxation, Sunday night Bri and I left to go Camping in Swan Valley! That was so much fun, it only rained for like an hour and we got warm and toasty by the fire afterwards! Bri and I felt so accomplished because we totally made these scrumptous potatoes over the campfire! We brought a pot and boiled them and seasoned them! It was so BOMB! After a long night of scary stories and roasted Starbursts (YUMMY!!!) we finally went to bed.
Now ok let me have you visualize our tent.
It was a 2 and 1/2 man tent( what ever that means??)
It was set up on a hill, and there were lots of lumps of grass and dirt on that hill.
Ok so tent fabric is like a slidy material right? and so are sleeping bags. so when u slide them along each other on a hill.... yes thats right u fall down and get cramped at the bottom! haha needless to say, I slept like a rock, but felt like i'd been hit by a big yellow school bus the next morning! OUCH!
After we woke up we made some breakfast (poptarts, donuts, bananas, apples) and packed camp up. Then we took a mile long hike up the mountain! It was so beautiful! we followed a stream the whole time it was GORGEOUS! I love being outside and having so much fun with friends!
After that we headed back to good old Rexburg to de-stinkify our selves from camping and then finished up a fabulous memorial day in Blackfoot at Briannas parents house. We went down for a BBQ and some four-wheeling! Talk BOUT FUN TIMES!!!!!!! I love Summer in Idaho! So enjoy my pictures and be jealous cause I'm pretty sure I had the best memorial day ever!
XOXO

No fireworks allowed!

Us on the floating dock by the Pallisades Dam!

CAMPING!
This really bomb field of daisies we climbed up!
HIKING!






3 comments:
Where did bomb come from?? I kept having to reread to try and figure some stuff out!! I'm getting old, I can't read the hip talk anymore!!!!
Me either Michelle. haha. I've never heard the word "bomb" used like that. Apparently getting married makes us not hip anymore. lol.
Sounds like you had a GREAT weekend Leslie! 5 years ago on memorial day we all went and saw Shrek 2, and left no tip at Denny's, and my husband (who I'd just met) spilled your marinara sauce on his shorts. Good times. Miss you girl!
So fun!! We will have to do lots of camping this year! :D And the Cabin trip!! Hooray!
Post a Comment