Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

WinMeals, Lightning Bugs, & Chick-fil-A

This last week has been absolutely nuts! I wasn't even the one graduating(I graduated a year ago) and still it was crazy. WOW. Graduation was awesome Yellowstone with Johns family was Super Awesome. And now we are driving. Driving, driving, driving. Kinda Awesome. HAHA! Here is what I have been looking at lately...
These are Windmills. I pronounce them Win-meals. John likes to make fun of this. He says I spent too long in Idaho and Utah and have a funny accent when I say some things. I hope I lose my Utah accent soon. Every time we pass these babies I practice pronouncing it correctly.
Windmill. I got a little confused though and recently have started calling them winmills. I just can't win.
This little guy. Oh man. He has it SOOOO easy. All he does is sleep all day and eat our leftovers from the meals we get. Rough life. He is in doggie heaven. He spends all day sleeping on my lap and then all night barking at people in our hotel. The joys of traveling cross country with a puppy. But he is pretty cute. So, I'll keep him. Plus I kind of like that he is forced to cuddle with me in the car cause he has no where else to go.
So yesterday night we stopped first in Omaha, Nebraska then in Glenwood, Iowa to visit with two of Johns favorite families from his mission. It was nice to finally meet them all. John always talks about these two families. We went to dinner with the family in Omaha. YUM we went to this grill/brewery and they had the most amazing truffle fries and the best adult mac and cheese. YUMM. Roadtrip food has never been better!
Then we stayed with the family in Glenwood and it was so fun because they have a puppy too so carlos got to run around and play while we talked and caught up. ALSO, on the drive out to Glenwood from Omaha I was kinda tired, it was about 9pm and we had been driving since 9am. All the sudden out my window I saw a flash of light. So small and quick I swore it was a headlight bouncing off my window reflection. But then again and again I kept seeing this light, with and without traffic. Sure enough it was lightning bugs! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE lightning bugs. I think they are so fun and so interesting. Its like the Earths natural way of sparkling! Anyway I got super excited and freaked out and John just kind of laughed at me for being excited for bugs.
This is a picture of Glenwood. CRAZY. The exit we got off on 29 was the last one open due to flooding. There were so many fields underwater. and I don't mean like oh a puddle. Like Completely drowning in about 4-6 feet of standing water.

After driving through Iowa all day we finally saw a sign for Chick-fil-A. OMG YAY!!!!!!! It has been way too long since I had Chick-fil-A and let me tell you for someone traveling across the country that doesn't eat McDonalds or Burger King. You kind of go hungry. So we detoured off I-80 and drove 20 minutes through ghetto Illinois to some random mall and got me Chick-fil-A. Heaven in my mouth. It was so great and so worth the 20 minute detour.

Anyway It has been a crazy week so far. I need to find time to post about our trip to yellowstone and graduation and update my photo challenge! but that will have to wait till we are in VA. Which might be tomorrow night. Late tomorrow night. So I probably won't blog again till maybe Sunday. Sorry! It just depends on when our "pods" of stuff get to VA and unpacking and all the other fun stuff that goes along with moving. Joy.

Hope everyones summer plans are going swimmingly!

XOXO

THE MRS.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh how I LOVE Chick FIl A! I eat it at least once a week! That might be one of the only thing that I will miss about Texas lol. . . Ps I totally miss lightning bugs so lucky you get them! Love you and I am SOO glad that you made it safe and sound to your new home! Call me soon!