Happy Easter Weekend friends! I wanted to post a most delicious recipe for you all to enjoy as summer approaches. This is such a delicious way to prepare crab cakes, the recipe is courtesy of Southern Living, my favorite magazine. They are sweet yet savory! My Mr. and I have throughly enjoyed them and they aren't half bad reheated for lunches either! We also decided to try them as mini crab cake sliders. We got these amazing pretzel rolls from Costco(our favorite store) and put just a little bit of mustard on the bun. DELISH! I didn't make the cilantro/jalepeno/sour cream sauce. So if you make that let me know how it turns out!
ENJOY!
Ingredients:
1 lb lump crab meat (It is much more affordable at stores like Costco and Sam's club)
2/3 cup red bell pepper
1/2 cup sliced green onions
2 teaspoons EVOO
1 garlic clove, minced
1/3 cup mayonaise
1/4 cup parsley
2 large eggs lightly beaten
1 tsp hot sauce (Use franks red hot cause it's so much better than anything else)
1 tsp old bay seasoning
1 tsp lemon zest
2 cups cornbread crumbs (I cheated and used a Jiffy mix, worked just fine)

Sauté bell pepper and onions in hot oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 1 minute; add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Remove from heat; cool 15 minutes.




Shape mixture into cakes, place on a lightly greased baking sheet, cover loosely with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
Lightly coat cakes with cooking spray. ( I just put some more EVOO on the pan and it was fine.) Cook crab cakes, in batches, in a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve immediately.
Bake cornbread while you are prepping your ingredients and sauteing peppers, onions, and garlic.

Combine bell pepper mixture, mayonnaise, and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl.


Fold in cornbread and crabmeat.
Shape mixture into cakes, place on a lightly greased baking sheet, cover loosely with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
Lightly coat cakes with cooking spray. ( I just put some more EVOO on the pan and it was fine.) Cook crab cakes, in batches, in a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve immediately.This is what John and I did, crab cake sliders on pretzel rolls with mustard! YUM!
However you decide to make them, enjoy this is a fabulous and easy recipe!
For the original recipe go here!
XOXO
The Mrs.








2 comments:
WOW!
I am totally stealing this recipe!!
I found you on send something good project, I am participating in it too. Would you like to follow each other?
http://yuliconversations.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment