Some of you may remember my dining room table from our apartment in Idaho. It was large, rectangular, spray painted black and red. It functioned mostly as a place for us to put stuff and we rarely ate at it, mostly because when we actually got it, it was cheap and painted poorly.
When we were packing up to move to Virginia John and I decided to sell it and buy a new table when we got back east! Well after looking at what felt like thousands of tables on Pintrest I finally settled on the look I wanted.
White and wood country chic.
I wanted a dark stained wooden top with antique white legs, a fairly popular style so it wasn't hard to find the color combination. But.... then I got to thinking that if I was going to buy a table, I want it to be something I'm going to love for years. So that meant it had to be kid friendly as well.
Solid wood was a must, rounded edges, also a must. I wanted it to have four legs as opposed to a pedestal in the center to make it easier to clean up cheerio crumbs that I was envisioning on my floor someday. This was much trickier to find.
BUT, I am happy to inform you that after a solid month of scouring Craigslist and furniture stores we found our perfect dining table, and it was 50% off! Impressed yet?

I absolutely love this table, the only reason it was in the scratch and dent section of the furniture store was because the manufactures accidentally forgot to ship the leaf with it so it had been a floor model.
SCORE.
It is a six seater, made right here in the USA out of solid maple. The only problem? no chairs. Because the table wasn't discontinued the chairs were still full price at a lovely $249.99. YIKES. We opted to take the table and figure out the chairs later. Which brings me to the title of this post. John and I repeated our furniture shopping process and started scouring Craigslist and other stores looking for some chairs to go with our new table. Finally we found this place called Bare Wood Furniture. They have all sorts of unfinished wooden furniture, you can either customize your finish and have them do it before they ship it to you, or you can take the unfinished piece and finish it yourself. We choose option #2!

These are the chairs we got to go with our table, they are very comfortable and hit your back just right! We are going to paint the legs and back a white color to match the table legs and stain the seat to match the table! Now the only challenge is fining the right paint colors!

Too many choices! Wish us luck! I'll post pictures as the project progresses!
XOXO
The Mrs.






1 comment:
Those are gonna make some great ladders for your future sons. Lol! Take it for me, because both my boys climb everything with the help of those "ladders". But, I love it all! You're pretty much amazing!
Post a Comment