Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, June 5, 2011

We got a Grill!


Whelp John and I finally got a grill! Todays weather was just too good to pass up an opportunity to break it in! It reached a scorching 85! It was soo awesome! So we decided to use some awesome new marinade we got at Costco last week and make grilled chicken and grilled corn!
In the process of lighting the grill John managed to completely singe the front of his hair, his eyelashes and all the hair on his right harm... teehee! Its funny, but sad cause he has job interviews this week and so I hope no one notices the smell of burnt hair...!

However the food turned out AWESOME! So it was worth the hazard in my opinion! For the corn we grilled it and then spread an awesome mixture of sour cream, mayonnaise, chili powder, salt, pepper, and lime juice on it. It tasted SOO good! If you wanna try the recipe go here: Grilled Corn

Anyway hope everyone else was able to enjoy their weekend and that everyone had as nice of weather as we did here! Happy Summer. FINALLY!

xoxo



6 comments:

Gentri said...

Yummy!!!! :D I had to burn a wasps nest so I could use our grill. Ick. Haha!

Jess and Tom Roberts said...

sounds delish! it finally hit 85 here too. about time. I think we're going to have to try to find a grill soon since we had to leave ours in rexburg when we moved.

Ashley from Sloanbook said...

Found you through Gentri! :)

Dang my husband loves his grill too and that is very unfortunate he got his hair singed/burnt :( Yikes!!! Hope the interviews go well and that they don't smell anything! I'm sure the food was amazing though hehe.

Take a look and enter to win a hat for your husband right here :)

Ashley Sloan, Check out my giveaway if you'd like :) Win a Zephyr hat of your choice!

Megan and Justin said...

just found your blog through Gentri and it's adorable!! bbqs are so much fun! if you guys are still in Rexburg, so are we! haha small world:) following now!

Alexis Kaye said...

I'm a little bit jealous! My husband and I (of two weeks!) just moved into a teeny apartment, meaning no grill. We have an indoor one that's such a pain to use, but we use it pretty much every day! haha!

Anonymous said...

will you be doing the barbecuing from now on