So for those of you that have known me for a while or know my family, you know that my Dad and I love Astronomy. My dad has his masters in Astrophysics and has been an Astronomer since long before I was born. He does voluntary research for Lowell Observatory in Arizona. So I was very excited when we talked about going to Kennedy Space Center over Christmas Break to avoid theme park lines! It had been years since I'd gone to Kennedy Space Center and since the space program is no longer active you can go and see all sorts of great things that you wouldn't have been able to before. We took the Bus tour out to the Launch pads and explored the rocket gardens as well as the Saturn IV rocket. I would highly recommend a trip to Kennedy Space Center. It was awesome!
The VAB , Vehicle Assembly Building.
My leading Men! I love my husband and my Dad! We had such a great time and we actually ended up getting annual passes so we will get to go back again this fall when we go back to Florida!
This is the actual gangway that the astronauts walked across for the Apollo 11 mission. It was so neat that we got to walk across it.
I can't imagine being hurled towards the earth like this. BLAH! Can we say motion sickness????
Sunset over the Rocket Garden. It was Beautiful.
XOXO The Mrs.










No comments:
Post a Comment