DAY FIVE! Holy cow has it really been five days? I don't even know what day of the week it is? Island time must be catching on to me... I swear! My days go so slow, but are so full of things to do!
Today we are on the Beautiful Island of St Thomas. It is part of the U.S. Virgin Islands! Sooo... YAY MORE PHONE COVERAGE! haha! This morning we went Sailboat Racing. Can I say Intense? We were divided up in to two teams of six and then taught how to race half a million doller sailboats, and then we raced for another hour! WAHOO!!!!!! So intense, a little scary, but a ton of fun! I even got to drive the boat for a little while. Unfortunately my team didn't win, but we still had a blast! The Breeze was steady so it made for awesome sailing! I definitely want to go again if I ever get the chance! After the Ocean Race, we went shopping around the port, we were in Charolette Amalia, then headed back onboard for lunch, and naps in the sun. What an awesome day!
XOXOX
Sitting on the High side to try and gain more speed! Can you say Adrenaline Rush?
I was in charge of tacking the sails, basically pulling them in and letting them out so the breeze would steer the boat...
We were sailing at a 45 degree angle... the water was really close to me, even though it doesn't look it.
Time to switch directions...
Steering our Sail Boat into the Harbor!






No comments:
Post a Comment